Tooth Extractions Toms River, NJ
Contact Dentistry With A Woman's Touch today
to learn more about our Toms River dental services.
Hassle-Free Toms River Tooth Extractions
While your specialist or general dentist will do their best to avoid tooth extraction, it’s sometimes necessary. While tooth extractions are understandably daunting, they’re often straightforward, painless procedures.
Residents of Toms River, NJ can have peace of mind knowing Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch can perform top-quality tooth extractions. We make the process as comfortable as possible. Whether you need a simple extraction or surgical extraction, we provide the best oral health treatment.
When is a Tooth Extraction Necessary?
The most common reason requiring tooth extraction is a cavity. However, patients may need extractions for other reasons, including:
- Crowded, crooked, or misaligned teeth
- Gum disease
- Infections as well as severe decay
- Impacted or damaged teeth
- Tooth trauma
- Broken teeth
At Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch, we turn to tooth extractions as a last resort. When possible, we use crowns, veneers, inlays, and onlays as effective treatments. If you have an affected tooth, one of our dentists can determine if a tooth extraction is the best procedure for you.
What Are Some Tooth Extraction Benefits?
Tooth extractions have many benefits:
- Can create additional space for other dentistry treatments like Invisalign®
- Reduces or eliminates issues such as crowding teeth
- Can prevent gum disease and decaying teeth
- Lowers infection risks
Simple Versus Surgical Tooth Extractions
Simple extractions and surgical extractions are the two types of extraction procedures:
- Simple extractions: This procedure is the most common form of extraction and removes visible teeth. During this procedure, one of our doctors numbs the area in and around your tooth. After loosening the tooth, they will rapidly remove it.
- Surgical extractions: Surgical extractions are typically for partially or fully impacted teeth. These teeth are often hidden inside your gums or behind other teeth. Wisdom teeth removal are a common example of surgical teeth extractions.
Care After Treatment
A blood clot will form at the extraction point following the extraction. This clot emerges a few hours after the procedure, and you must take proper care of the area. For at least 48 hours, you’ll want to avoid smoking, drinking with a straw, or drinking hot liquids.
Dental Care You Can Trust
Our dentists at Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch will ensure a stress-free extraction procedure and recovery process. From numbing the affected tooth to supervising your recovery, we leave no stone unturned.