Cleanings, Exam & X-Rays in Toms River, NJ
Regular dental checkups are essential to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Adhering to the recommended routine is the best way to prevent larger dental issues down the road.
At Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch, our team provides routine dental health checks, including cleanings, exams & x-rays. We recommend visiting our Toms River, NJ, office every six months to prevent cavities, gingivitis, tooth decay, and other oral health problems. Contact us today to book a dental care appointment.
Professional Dental Cleaning in Toms River, NJ
Our dental hygienists remove plaque, tartar, and stubborn stains during the dental cleaning process.
Plaque is the sticky and nearly invisible film on teeth that is a mix of bacteria, saliva, and food debris. The bacteria colony present in the mouth produces inflammatory toxins known to cause periodontal disease.
Plaque left on the tooth hardens over time to create tartar, which forms above and below the gum line. At this stage, standard brushing and flossing won’t yield any notable results. However, your hygienist is able to remove tartar using special dental equipment.
Visiting our office for a cleaning every six months will help keep the teeth clear of plaque and tartar. However, we recommend a cleaning every three months for patients treating periodontal disease.
Comprehensive Dental Exam in Toms River, NJ
Dr. Monica Patel and Dr. Rakhee Patel provide comprehensive dental exams as a part of our cleaning, exam & x-rays service. The examination includes the following:
- Oral cancer screening: We check the gums, throat, tongue, lips, neck, face, and other surrounding tissue for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease screening: This examination checks the gum and teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth decay examination: During this examination, the doctors use specialized equipment to check tooth surfaces for signs of tooth decay.
- Restoration checks: This examination checks your current crowns and fillings to ensure they are in good condition.
- Diagnostic x-ray examination: Our doctors check for bone loss, tumors, decay, and cysts during these exams. We also use them to confirm root and tooth positions.
Digital Dental X-Rays in Toms Rivers, NJ
At Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch, we use the latest digital radiography equipment to take dental x-rays. Digital x-rays expose patients to around only 10-20% of the (already low) radiation from conventional x-ray machines.
The x-rays highlight any information missed in the standard examinations. From the results, we can find undetected problem areas and create the right treatment plan.
We recommend full-mouth dental x-rays for all new patients. The results remain valid for three to five years. We may recommend checkup x-rays in shorter intervals depending on a patient’s risk of disease.
Schedule an Appointment
Early detection and treatment of dental health problems can save you time and money. It’s also the best way to avoid more serious oral health issues.
Call Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch at (732) 736-0800 to schedule an appointment for a cleaning, exam & x-rays in Toms River, NJ today.