Dental radiographs or x-rays, are invaluable aids in diagnosing, treating, and maintaining dental health. Radiographs allow us to see everything we cannot see with our own eyes. Radiographs enable us to detect cavities in between your teeth and diagnose periodontal disease. We can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, as well as assess damage when trauma occurs.
Digital X-rays are instant, effective and more comfortable for you. They reduce your exposure to radiation by as much as 90% over traditional x-rays. Digital x-rays do not require chemicals and so are better for you and the environment. We can also change the contrast to better examine discrepancies thereby allowing us to see cavities better.
Another advantage of digital imaging is that it allows us to not only store patient images, but also enables us to quickly transfer them to appropriate specialists or insurance companies.
Also, Dentistry With A Woman’s Touch makes use of advanced X-ray technology with a Digital Panorex.
A panoramic radiograph (also termed panorexTM ), is a panoramic scanning dental X-ray of the upper and lower jaw. It shows a two-dimensional view of a half-circle from ear to ear. It is beneficial for
- Broad coverage of facial bones and teeth
- Low patient radiation dose
- Convenience of examination for the patient (films need not be placed inside the mouth)
- Ability to be used in patients who cannot open the mouth or when the opening is restricted
- Short time required for making the image
- Patient’s ready understandability of panaromic films, making them a useful visual aid in patient education and case presentation.